Supporting people and pets in crisis. Learn how to create effective
and sustainable programs for people and pets in crisis.
HOW DFTP CAN HELP YOU
Our goal at Greater Good Charities and RedRover is to provide simple-to-follow strategies for human and animal services organizations to overcome the challenges of creating a pet housing program.
Why Create a Program:
- A barrier to safety is eliminated – DV survivors and their pets can find safety and healing together
- People experiencing homelessness will be able to access supportive services with their pet
- Human service organizations will reinforce the human-animal bond and its role in the healing process
- Pets will receive the compassion and care they need
Let's Start Exploring:
- The importance of starting pet programs to help people and pets in crisis
- The role of the human-animal bond on recovery, child welfare, and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) sustainability
- How to design your pet spaces
- Ways to create and sustain pet programs
- How to apply for funds and grants